As anyone who has seen Southern Culture on the Skids live knows, Rick Miller has an enormous collection of vintage guitars, many of which are available for use in recording at the Ranch. Fenders, Gibsons and Gretsch live side by side with vintage Airline, Danelectros and Teiscos, so come take your pick! Make sure popups are enabled so you can click here for a guitar gallery!
As with amps and guitars, a collection of effects live around the Ranch as well. Try out a classic reverb tank, delay, or any number of other effects, from classic to just plain krazy!
The Kudzu Ranch folks have a multitude of vintage mics and analogue equipment, as well as state of the art digital services.
What vintage guitar collection would be complete without a boatload of vintage amps to go along with them? As with the guitars, the Ranch is happy to let you use any amp in the place. Heck, you can just line `em up and go down the line until you find one you like!
Other instruments that call the Ranch home are drum kits, percussion playthings, organs and pianos, so feel free to add a little something extra at the last minute to your track!
A SAMPLING OF OUR GEAR:
- MCI JH-24 2" 16-24 TRACK TAPE MACHINE
- ATR-102 1/2" 2 TRACK TAPE MACHINE
- SONY MCI MXP-3000 36 CHANNEL MIXING DECK
- PRO TOOLS DIGITAL RECORDING RIG
- 32 TRACKS OF APOGEE DIGITAL CONVERSION A-D, D-A
- ANTELOPE ISOCHRONE OCX DIGITAL CLOCK
- MANLEY VARI-MU STEREO COMPRESSOR/LIMITER
- UNIVERSAL AUDIO 1176 LIMITERS
- UNIVERSAL AUDIO UA 175 TUBE LIMITERS
- CHANDLER LIMITED TG1 STEREO LIMITER
- EMPIRICAL LAB EL-8 DISTRESSOR'S
- DRAWMER 1969 STEREO COMPRESSOR/MIC PRE
- API 3124 MIC PRE'S - 12 CHANNELS
- TUBE TECH MP 1A STEREO MIC PRE
- NEVE 1272 - 6 CHANNELS
- CHANDLER LIMITED TG MIC PRES
- UNIVERSAL AUDIO 2-610
- VINTECH 1272 MIC PRE
- VINTECH 473 MIC PRE
- VINTECH X73i MIC PRE
- MANLEY MASSIVE PASSIVE STEREO EQ
- 4 LANGEVIN EQP1-A PULTEC TYPE EQ'S
- ADAMS S3A MONITORS
- YAMAHA NS-10 MONITOR'S
PLUS LOTS OF VINTAGE AND MODERN TUBE MIC'S
DYNAMIC AND CONDENSER
RCA AND ROYER RIBBON MIC'S
BALANCED EQUI=TECH POWER SYSTEM
TONS OF COOL AMPS AND EFFECTS